A professional master program that offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary and innovative approach to media arts production.
Digital interactive technologies have seen a rapid expansion and development. Working, creating and communicating with digital technologies has become the new common mindset for the changing, contemporary society. This masters program foregrounds practical work with digital tools and equipments, although every module in the program offers a theoretical perspective on a great variety of related subjects.
Master students can select from a broad range of specializations included in the performing, visual, and cinematic arts. Graduates of this masters program will have the knowledge and skills to express themselves as intermedia artists or will have better opportunities to enter the labor market of the information age in specific positions that require creative abilities.
Focusing on intermedia digital arts, new media documentaries, interactive design, sound design, management in media arts sector or creative industries, our faculty members are national and international renowned academics, artists and media specialists.
The master’s program addresses graduate students in visual arts, architecture, music, theater and film, as well as graduates from other fields who are interested in a theoretical and practical interdisciplinary approach to new digital technologies in visual, performing and cinematic arts. Each semester, under the coordination of national and international artists and specialists, students will conduct interactive artistic creation projects, collaborating with other graduate students from the performing arts and documentary filmmaking master programs. In order to graduate, next to the dissertation thesis, students will prepare a practical individual interdisciplinary project.
The thoretical courses and practical projects will help to understand the most important trends and developments in the field of interactive arts in the context of the new media platforms and will develop transdisciplinary artistic expression skills in professional contexts.
Students at DIA use RoboDK for simulation and offline programming of industrial robots and are integrating it into their artistic projects.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Master: Digital Interactive Arts – English [Arte Digitale Interactive]
Accredited by the Minister of Education, Bologna system, Full time studies, 4 semesters
• The candidate will partake in an ONLINE interview in English based on an individual artistic creative project, in which the candidate will prove his interest in using interactive technologies in the artistic creation.
• The argumentation of the assumed perspective should demonstrate the candidate’s capacity of managing and materializing an artistic creative project and also, the candidate’s openness towards transdisciplinary approaches. The interview will test the candidate’s general knowledge of the domain.
• The written project, sustained orally online, will be accompanied by a portfolio with artistic achievements/realizations, either in relation with the proposed project, either from previous projects.
• After registering online, the students will receive, at the email address provided in the registration form, the link to the platform where they will upload the individual creative projects and the portfolios. Registration will be considered completed only after confirmation of receipt of the project and portfolio.
• For the interview, the candidates will receive an invitation for the platform where the exam will take place and they are responsible for the technical management of their
participation in the interview (webcam access, functional microphone). As interviews may be recorded, candidates are agreeing to this. The images thus obtained will only be used for the purpose of evaluation.
September 6-8: Registration of the candidates
September 8: List of registered candidates
September 9: EXAM – Interview
September 10: Results of exams and list of candidates accepted
September 14: Confirmation of acceptance by the candidates (from 10:00-14:00)
September 15: Final list of admitted candidates.
The exact scheduling of individual exams will be displayed on the notice board.
All information regarding international students (status, grants, admission criteria, diplomas, etc.) can be found on the International Cooperation Center (CCI) page of Babes-Bolyai University. http://cci.ubbcluj.ro.
For any additional information regarding this specific program, please contact:
Assistant Professors Cristina Pop-Tiron or Adelina-Laura Bulibasa at