CreArt (Network of Cities for Artistic Creation) responds to a need amongst European cultural institutions who share a common challenge: to maximize the economic, social and cultural contribution that visual arts can make by better facilitating artists, managers, industry and the general public to allow them to create, present and enjoy art work, as well as to access training and education, through seminars, artists residences, workshops and research and analysis programs.
CreArt was presented for the first time to the 2010 “Culture Programme (2007-2013)” call, and over the last months has developed into a solid network of 14 partner cities and institutions, representative of Europe’s cultural diversity and richness.
Placing art and creativity at the centre of its activities, CreArt seeks to foster:
- artist mobility and the mobility of artworks
- the exchange of good practices in all areas surrounding the visual arts
- networking among art-related groups
- training programmes linked to art, artists and arts management
- dissemination programmes to make art accessible to the general public and specific groups
- analysing and publishing, on an on-going basis, the results of the Project and the rich knowledge derived from it
- creativity in industry and society at large.
- trans-European public-private partnerships, developing a sense of belonging to a common project: Europe.
For more information please visit: http://creart-eu.org.